1. Life is a balance of God's will, man's free will and prayer to change either.
2. I am still a work in progress.
3. If you feel the need to hide or lie, then you know what you are doing is wrong, no matter how many ways you can rationalize it.
4. Everything really does happen for a reason.
5. There is no grey area. It is either right or wrong. However there are many ways to be right and wrong.
6. Listen more. Defend less. Love your family with all you have.
7. Take committments seriously.
8. Do nothing to harm others: physically, emotionally, financially or spiritually.
9. Everything takes work and practice. Even what we thought would/should come naturally.
10. Only be original.
11. The more you push and try to change people, the more they get set in their ways and stay the same. Real change happens with your influence, and the help of God, not with your pushing, prodding, and demanding.
12. Forgiveness in an on-going, never ending process. It takes practice and patience. It is never easy.